Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Wasted festival next month San Bernardino

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM THE WASTED FESTIVAL PROMOTERS:

    Unfortunately we have no choice but to cancel the Wasted festival in San Bernardino next month. It has been an incredibly difficult situation and we have held out until the very last minute in the hope that it could be saved.

    With just 24 days to go ticket sales were less than 1000 and while we appreciate that buyers in the US do buy tickets a lot nearer the show we could not take the risk that the show would not break even.

    Added to this was the fact that the venue and other services and some bands were demanding tens of thousands of dollars in advance which we simply did not have, it was hopeless. When we do festivals in the UK/Europe, not many services or bands require up front monies and those that do tend to want them pretty close to the festival which means that because we sell lots of tickets in advance it all works out. This is not the case in the US and we are just not big corporate promoters with loads of cash in the bank. We rely on the support of the whole of the punk scene to put these gigs on and that support was not there.

    We are really very sorry that some of you will have booked flights, paid for hotels and will have lost money. We have been working on this for over two years and would have done anything to see it happen.

    There may be a salvage operation to put a one day festival on on the Saturday so if any bands have booked flights then please let me know and i will see what i can do. As soon as i have information on who is going to play this gig I will put it on the website

    Once again all I can do is apologise for this awful situation and hope that we can all bounce back from this.
    There will be full ticket refunds available from the point you purchased them - some of them may take up to 30 days so please be patient. If you have tickets from [email protected] then you can either get a refund or swap it for a weekend Blackpool ticket for next year.

    We really appreciate the lovely emails we have had from bands and people who were going to the festival and as always huge thanks for all your support
    take care
    love
    Jennie and Darren xxx

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 15, 2005 01:43 PM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Teenage Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sucks, but I am actually a little relieved. I had heard about that show a LONG time ago, when only a couple bands were signed up to play. One of my favorite bands ever, Cock Sparrer, was going to play, so i REALLY wanted to go, and over time more and more bands i liked were added to the show! But unfortunately due to lack of money and means of transportation i would have missed the show.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ya that sucks [img]frown.gif[/img] I would have loved to gone to that, just to see all of those bands, especially Youth Brigade! What a bummer that they did not get allot of responses, I would have thought it would have sold out by now.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have read/heard about Punk Rock Bowling. When I was at Magic I hung out one night with some of the guys from Lucky13 and they were telling me about it and how much fun it was. Ahh your sweet, well not sure if I consider myself a hottie [img]redface.gif[/img] No need to get Sean?s attention like that, just love their music! When are the dates for PRB? I will actually be in Vegas starting 19 Jan for about a week.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, your so in luck girlie!! Its the 20-22hd. haha! We'll have to hang out for sure!
    Did you hang out with Todd and Bobby @ lucky 13??
    Good call on Sean. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yahoo!! When do they put out the schedule for more details and how much the tickets are?? Does allot of it take place at night?? I would be busy during the day, so I don't want to miss out on all the fun times! That will be so much fun, ya we'll totally have to meet up! I hung out with Bobby, Alex and Todd (he has slick back blonde hair and does their marketing, right??? I'm awful with names, but never forget faces!) until 5am! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Theres usually 2 $5 events that BYO books. One being the awards ceremony which Manic Hispanic has been doing for years, thats always a hoot. Then theres usually a HOB show that they coordinate as well. The bowling is done during the day and thats free unless you have a team to bowl. You have to get approved ahead of time thru BYO and for the most part you have to be in a band or have a website, magazine, clothing line, etc. that is affiliated with DIY Punk Rock.
    I believe its $62.50 per person to bowl, and you get tickets to the events for free.

    Theres an article in the new Punk Rock Confidential covering the event from last year(the one with Duane Peters on the cover). Check it out!I dont think I know Alex, maybe if I saw him...
    Heres a cut and paste e-mail from Sean Sterns regarding the event.


    Just a heads up to everyone that PUNK ROCK BOWLING will be held on FRIDAY, JANUARY 20- THRU SUNDAY JANUARY 22, 2006.


    PLEASE NOTE THE DATE, IT WILL NOT BE HELD IN FEBRUARY AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN!


    We are banned from THE GOLD COAST, they don't like punk rockers apparently, so we're moving. Details will be e-mailed to you in the next week to 10 days on the new venue, hotel accommodations, shows, parties and we are even considering a poker tournament. Please, BE PATIENT AND DO NOT WRITE BACK AND ASK FOR MORE INFO AS WE DON'T HAVE IT YET.

    We just have to finish the last little details, but we wanted to let you all know the date for the next tournament so you can start making plans to get out of work and prepare yourself mentally and physically for the best punk rock party of the year.


    We hope you're all well and have been helping out in any way you can for the people in the south that have had their lives devastated by the Hurricane and our inept excuse of a government.


    MORE VERY, VERY SOON, WE PROMISE!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you are a big fan of youth brigade, go to the Punk Rock Bowling tournament in Vegas this January. The boys at BYO (Youth Brigade) throw a great tournament every year, and are hangin out partyin the whole time. If your a hottie (which I have a feeling you are), you wont have any problem getting attention from Sean himself.
    Its a blast, you should go. I'll be there!
    ...on a side note. They are working on booking some of the Wasted bands at the Pink Motel 20 miles north of LA. I believe Cocksparrer will be playing there. If I get a chance, I'll post more on it later...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info! Sounds like my kind of event, getting not asked back somewhere! Well I guess I might not be able to go, since I only work for a snowboard company and we are not affiliated with DIY Punk Rock. If you could, can you keep me updated on what is going on, I would really love to check it out if possible! I like hanging out with new people, especially in Vegas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I might not be able to go in the day time to bowl, since I'll be setting up our booth, but for sure at night! Cool let's keep in touch until then, so that we can meet up one night at one of the shows [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] I'd like to see Manic Hispanic play and would love to see Youth Brigade play, would they?? Never seen them live before [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I also see that Social D is playing in Vegas on 15 Jan, why couldn't they play during Punk Rock Bowling weekend... urg!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •